Pupeteer's Hands
I have been doing lots of hand study drawings but I’ve been having difficulty getting the hand poses I want to draw. (You can see one or two these hand studies and some of my other projects at Scribbled Echo. ) I’ve taken photos of my own hands and a few friends as well as extensive image searching but I’d really like to get some different hand sizes & shapes and different age hands in contorted positions. I’ve been looking to the American Sign Language Alphabet for inspiration on positions.
All images copyright Thyme Studio. © 2009 All rights reserved.
If you’d like to raise a hand to volunteer or lend a hand and help out by sending me close-up, in-focus photos of your hands in interesting positions against a neutral background (but nothing dirty, please) you can send them to me directly here: Thyme Studio.
The first 100 responders before June 30, 2009 sending original photos meeting the above criteria, will receive a free Thyme Studio art print postcard. (Hooray for mail that isn’t bills!) If you want to receive a postcard send your hand photos & mailing address. (Rest assured, your address will never be used for anything else.) Then select your postcard theme preference: “puppets please,” “artsy fartsy,” or “wheel of fish spin & surprise me.”
All images copyright Thyme Studio. © 2009 All rights reserved.
If you’d like to raise a hand to volunteer or lend a hand and help out by sending me close-up, in-focus photos of your hands in interesting positions against a neutral background (but nothing dirty, please) you can send them to me directly here: Thyme Studio.
The first 100 responders before June 30, 2009 sending original photos meeting the above criteria, will receive a free Thyme Studio art print postcard. (Hooray for mail that isn’t bills!) If you want to receive a postcard send your hand photos & mailing address. (Rest assured, your address will never be used for anything else.) Then select your postcard theme preference: “puppets please,” “artsy fartsy,” or “wheel of fish spin & surprise me.”